Apple iPhone 6 Exploded in Pocket of a Man

Gareth Clear, a management consultant from Sydney, Australia, has reportedly suffered severe burn injury after his iPhone 6 exploded. According to a report in The Daily Telegraph, the smartphone which was in Clear’s back pocket caught fire after he fell from his bike, landing on his iPhone 6.

“Seconds later he noticed smoke and a searing heat, before hearing an explosion as the phone he’d had for just six months ignited, melting through his shorts and two layers of skin on his upper right thigh,” says the news report.

The injury is said to be so serious that Clear had to undergo skin graft at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney.

Clear told The Daily Telegraph that while the back of smartphone was completely damaged with “metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end”, the top remained “perfectly intact”.

Read More at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Apple-iPhone-6-explodes-leaves-man-with-third-degree-burns-Report/articleshow/53499952.cms

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *