Many a times while McAfee installation; you may encounter an error stating ‘McAfee Error 1406’. This error indicates that the Installation of DE/EEPC fails on a supported 64-bit system that already has McAfee Agent (MA) build 184.108.40.206 installed. The causes of this error are generally run time error, due to corrupt download or incomplete installation of McAfee Antivirus software, Corrupted and damaged file, Corruption in Windows registry, or sometimes occur when someone tries to install any software.
The error means Setup cannot write the value Assembly to the registry key. If you are too receiving this error while your McAfee installation, then don’t worry. In this post we are giving easy solutions to troubleshoot this error by your own. You can easily Fix McAfee Error 1406 when Installing Software; you will need to follow procedures mentioned below.
Methods to Fix McAfee Error 1406
Here are some methods that will guide you to resolve this error completely. If you are still facing difficulties in any of the steps, you can always call on McAfee Helpline Number 1-800-445-2810 which is absolutely toll free.
Method1: –Run Your Software Application as Administrator
- Try to run the application using ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Go to the download folder where you saved your downloaded files, or open that application .exe file of McAfee antivirus software.
- Right click on the McAfee application .exe file.
- Then, click on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Follow on-screen instruction to install the antivirus software and see if the error resolved.
Does this work? If no, move to method 2.
Method2: – Try to Perform a Clean Boot
You should try to perform a clean boot and re-installing the software by the following way.
For Windows XP, Vista and 7:-
- First, log into your PC by entering your Administrator account credentials.
- Press “Start” button and then type msconfig.exe in the Search box, and then press “Enter”.
- Hit the “General” tab, then “Selective startup” option, and then the option to “clear the Load startup items”.
- Press on the “Services” tab, and hit the “Hide all Microsoft services” option. After this, press “Disable all” option.
- Now tap on “OK” and then “Restart” button.
For Windows 8 and 8.1:-
- First, click on “Search” button.
- Next, type “msconfig”, and then click on msconfig.
- Press on “General” tab, click on the “Selective Startup” option and then hit the “Clear the Load startup items” option.
- Tap on “Services” tab and then press on the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services options. Then hit on “Disable all” option.
- In the “task manager”, choose “Startup” tab. Then select each Startup item and hit on “Disable”.
- Close the “Task Manager” and in the “Startup” tab of the “System Configuration dialog box”.
- Press on “OK” and then “Restart” option.
Method3: – Give Complete Permission to Software
Sometimes software doesn’t have full permission to complete setup steps. Then you have to need to immediately give permission by the following way to fix McAfee Error 1406. To allow this feature, follow these steps:
- On your PC, go to “Search” tab, and then type “Regedit”. Press on “Enter” button.
- When the Registry Editor opens, go to the left side to view a list of the locations provided in the error status bar.
- Look for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\…
- After finding the final location, right click on the open folder which is present in the left side list, and then press on “Permission”.
- Choose “Administrators group” and then tap under the “Allow Checkbox” in front of Full Control.
- Choose “SYSTEM” group and check that “Full Control” is selected under the “Allow column”.
- In the “Permissions” dialog box, press on “Advanced” tab.
- Press on the “Permissions” tab, and then choose the option “Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object”
- Hit “OK” and then close the entire window.
- Try to re-install the application or software again.
If the error code still persists, Reboot your system and retry the installation process. You can also get technical support for McAfee www.mcafee.com/activate online, via live chat or over phone.
Call at McAfee Customer Care Number for More
If you have any other uncertainty or inquiries encountered with McAfee Antivirus, so you can contact with our group of experienced McAfee Antivirus professionals at single dial at McAfee Customer Care number, which is accessible 24×7/365 days for your assistance. Our talented and ensured proficient will give you provoke specialized help and answers for a wide range of McAfee Antivirus errors/issues.
You can also contact us via McAfee live chat. Just note down the toll free numbers for instant Support for McAfee that are absolutely toll free 1-800-445-2810 (USA), +61-1800-769-903 (Aus), +44-800-046-5700 (UK).
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.