The McAfee security suite ensures to protect your sensitive data and business PCs from most sorts of cybercrimes. Having a good reputed security software suite on your system enables it to examine each document for potential dangers to your PC. A good antivirus always tries to clean file if it thinks it contains a virus. However occasion occurs when McAfee can’t really recognize an authentic, clean document and tries to destroy it supposing it been infected by s a virus. This is known as a false positive. In the event that you need to work with that file and don’t want that your security software denies recognizing it or showing false errors of the file being infected with virus or potential threats, you can temporarily disable the McAfee antivirus security from your system. McAfee resumes real-time virus protection automatically after a specified period of time.
In this post we are listing ways to temporarily disable your McAfee antivirus suite from your system. Follow the step by step guide or contact McAfee toll free on given numbers.
How do I temporarily disable my McAfee Antivirus?
To disable McAfee Antivirus from your PC/laptop or device, follow these steps:
- Right-click the McAfee icon in the System Tray. This will to open the McAfee control panel.
- Click the “Navigation” link in the top-right corner of the McAfee window to view the Navigation Center.
- Highlight the Antivirus option or Click the “Real-Time Scanning” link to view the antivirus options on the McAfee menu.
- Click the Disable option on the Antivirus menu.
- Select an option in the “When Do You Want to Resume Real-Time Scanning” drop-down box. You can select to resume in 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes, or resume when you restart your computer. If you select “Never,” the virus protection feature will not work until you enable it manually.
- When you disable the option or turn it off, your computer will display an immediate warning “Your Computer Is At Risk”
- Click the Yes button in the McAfee Antivirus dialog box and close the control panel.
- You are done.
How to Re-enable your McAfee Antivirus?
The above step by step instructions will only temporarily disable your McAfee Antivirus. To re-enable it, restart your computer. Depending on your version of McAfee Antivirus, the disabling option may vary. Consult McAfee website mcafee.com activate on how to disable your antivirus suite. You may also contact McAfee Phone Number to talk to McAfee expert technician.
McAfee Helpline Number| Technical Support for McAfee Help
If you are still not able to temporarily disable your McAfee Internet Security or other McAfee product to your device and need support for McAfee then this technical support will help you out in troubleshoots related to configuration, setup, installation & activation www.mcafee.com/activate. All you need to call on McAfee Contact Number or McAfee Live Chat Support on website.
Our McAfee Helpline Number are 1-800-445-2810 (USA/Canada), +61-1800-769-903 (Aus), +44-800-046-5700 (UK) toll free.
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.