Do You Use Public Wifi more often sitting in a café or garden or any other place? Do you consider safety measures on your device while using that WIFI? If not, then this article is for you!
Wireless networks (WiFi) allow people to connect their computers & other devices wirelessly while you roam around. Wifi Networks has made our lives easy as now we don’t require that old typical LAN services for using internet. But since everything has a con, so as the Wifi network. Security is one of the essential factors to consider while using public WIFI. While using a public wifi, you are putting your important data, bank credentials & your identity at risk. There may be chances of someone somewhere keeping eyes on your online activities.
Unless you take precautions, hackers may try watching your every online data travelling via air. Thus securing your Wifi network is the first step you must follow before actually using this advance technology.
Among a number of antivirus software, McAfee is considered the best as far as Wifi protection is concerned. Being an Award-winning protection and performance enhancement for your Android phones and tablets, McAfee Mobile Security provides the Ultimate Protection for Your Mobile Life.
The software package once installed offers complete peace of mind for where you go and what you do online. Looking for McAfee online support? Visit support.McAfee.com or call toll free 1-800-445-2810.
Tricks to Keep Yourself Safe & Secure at Public Hotspots
- Be aware of your surroundings while using public wifi. Take extra care when you log into your operating system, email, IM, or other bank or personal accounts.
- Never leave your laptop or mobile unattended at an unsure location-not even for a moment.
- Don’t allow your wireless card to automatically join the nearest network. Select settings to manually. Set a strong password combining letters, numbers & special characters.
- Make sure you’re on a legitimate hotspot by checking with the host to confirm the network name and connection process.
- Turn off file sharing when you’re using a public hotspot.
- Don’t do your online banking or trading at an untrusted public hotspot.
- Don’t surf websites that you wouldn’t want a stranger to know what you’re viewing.
- Turn off your wireless card when you’re not using it.
- Install a good antivirus on your device that provide 360 security to your data& identity. McAfee AntiVirus or McAfee Internet Security or McAfee 360 Wifi Security is best to choose from.
McAfee Internet Security for All Round Protection
McAfee Internet Security secures your device:
- Secures multiple PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets with a single subscription.
- Helps you manage protection for all your devices with an easy-to-use Web portal.
- Defends against viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats with an automatic update feature.
- Safeguardsyour identity and online transactions even if you are using public wifi.
- Advanced Anti-Theft features
- High Speed Performance
- Comes with personal firewall with customized protection, control network access, sophisticated filters & malicious app block.
- lets you search with Site Advisor with protected mode, site rating, social media protection & secure search.
- Its Anti-spam protection feature gives you all round protection from phishing, anti-spyware, anti-spam filtering.
- Mobile App Protection that include: Malicious app protection, App privacy protection, App lock & Memory cleanup.
Can’t access the internet after updating McAfee? Call toll free on 1-800-445-2810 US McAfee Support Number.
Looking Support for McAfee Mobile Security?
If you are facing problems configuring your McAfee & Wifi security, call McAfee wifi support over phone or live chat.
Just note down the McAfee Technical Support numbers that are absolutely toll free 1-800-445-2810 (USA), +61-1800-769-903 (Aus), +44-800-078-6054 (UK).
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.