McAfee is a great antivirus solution which protects your computer from viruses, Trojans, worms, data or identity theft programs. But it can happen that you may experience a slowdown issue when surfing the web, checking emails, or during general usage of your PC. Slowdown issues can occur due to various reasons. Now we will discuss those reasons and their solutions in the support and help guide of mcafee below.
Slowdown Issues Caused by McAfee
- If you have less computer memory (RAM), you may experience a slowdown in your computer when McAfee antivirus installs updates, patches etc. These kind of problems often occurs in an old computer that has less RAM installed. So the solution for this kind of slowdown is to add a new RAM stick to your computer or you can say you have or need to upgrade your system hardware.
- If you are experiencing slowdowns in your internet speed than before, than you will definetly have hard time during virus scan, download and installation of latest updates, or in real-time scanning. In this case first of all Contact your ISP and ask for a high-speed broadband connection and let McAfee run virus scans or updates when the computer is idle.
- If you are having a new version of McAfee then it has a built-in firewall program, it can cause issues with your internet connection. So if you have another firewall program installed either disable the McAfee firewall or the other. It will improve your internet connection speed, making your browsing faster.
- If you are having another antivirus program installed on your computer along with the McAfee then it can cause your computer to slow down terribly coz both will try to check a file together resulting in competition b/w them which will lead to high system resource usage and ultimately resulting in your system slowdown. So the solution to this problem is simple uninstall the other antivirus program to make sure that McAfee runs smoothly and properly on your computer.
- Sometimes the beta update can also be responsible for the slowdown of your computer’s speed. If you have checked all of the possibilities of slowdown described above and still facing the same issue uninstall the McAfee update. If you are unable to uninstall McAfee update use system restore to restore your computer to an earlier time. It will undo any recent changes like a software install you made to your computer from the point when it was created (Restore Point) and if your any software gets uninstalled during system restore you always have an option to reinstall the software.
Some More Tips:
Your internet browser is also responsible for the speed of browsing. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer to surf the web try the popular third party and open source web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Opera and you will see better surfing experience than before.
In any case if the problem persists, contact at McAfee Antivirus Support Service Number.